Monday, January 21, 2013

Not a bad ride

It was the Sunday morning ride.  Several people had indicated they might ride, but with busy schedules and sickness and conditions being bad, by the morning it looked like I would be by myself.
I wasn't planning on moving fast and hoped to try a new route so it worked out ok.

My route is here:
http://app.strava.com/activities/38139652 

I only got lost once (not bad for a new route, for me) and only fell twice.  I wasn't moving fast either time, it was getting going from behind buildings that are permanently in shadows.
All told about 34 miles and average speed over 15 mph.  It included the brutal climb of Nike Hill and I picked up some new segments to challenge myself on later this season.

It looks like the rain is coming back, so riding will be hit and miss this week.  *sigh*  Oh well.
Still super excited and looking forward to the S2S later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment